Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Mortensen Family Trip Part 2

After Jump on It we made our goodbyes to Jason and his family. They were flying out to California. Angie (Travis sister) and her boys along with the kids and I all headed in to town to have lunch with Mom who just arrived into town. We had a quick bite to eat and then headed down to Temple Square. I love going to the Temple. The Girls had not been there for almost a full year. We took the full tour of the Conference center. We went to the top of the balconies and then down to the main flour, Quiet a drop and you would never know that the main floor is well below ground level. The Teleprompter is bigger that you would think. We learned the history and saw all the beautiful original art work. The View from the top is breath taking. The Temple looks so small, but is still amazing. We had a fun time walking around and looking at all the beautiful gardens. I have one picture with everyone on the roof walking down the stairs toward the temple. It makes me cry to look at. I love having the knowledge that we do to know that my family will always be together.

3 comments:

Katie said...

I'm glad you guys got to go to Temple Square...I love it there!

Whitney R said...

Hi Trudy! Very nice to meet you. I have heard of your husband. I'm glad you came out of the closet and commented! I think it would be fun to meet too. Jaren is digging spuds right now so it's pretty busy, but we'll find time.

Em said...

Trudy, YOU already know that i think you have a cute family, so I wont bore you. but just thought I would drop a line and tell you that I think you blog is sooo cute. take care and we'll probably see you soon.