Monday, September 08, 2008
Mortensen Family Trip Part 3
Saturday Morning Travis and our good friend Eric had a little side job to do. That meant the Girls and Kids were free to hit IKEA. Words cannot express how much Travis hates IKEA. He was very happy that we all decided to go why he was conveniently working. :) After a long but very fun morning and spending way to much at IKEA on thing I obviously could not live without, we packed up and headed out to meet Travis and Angies younger son Tyler (who had volunteered to hang out with the big boys and big boy toys) at Artic Circle for a quick lunch and then we headed out to Thanksgiving Point. We wanted to see everything there, The Gardens, with the biggest man made waterfall in this hemisphere, The Farm Yard, The Dinosaur Museum,and The I-MAX Theater and they have the most amazing gift shop. But sadly we only had half a day, and were already pretty worn out. After much deliberation we all decided the Museum and a fun 3-D Movie would hit the spot.
The Museum was amazing. I’ve never seen a dinosaur fossil before; you can never begin to imagine how big they are until you see one in person. The Girls had a fun time hanging out with Cousin Justin and Cousin Tyler. Taydem and Taylyn had fun playing in the sand and water area where they have hundred of tinny dinosaur toys. After the museum we saw the Movie. The girls had fun watching the 3-D fish and couldn't help but trying to catch them. Talen would where the glasses for the more exciting parts and then just wanted to play.
I would love to have spent more time but we where all whipped out and wanted to get plenty of rest before Lagoon on Monday. Besides that just means that we have things to do next year.
Sorry no pictures my main computer crashed so I’m just using our old laptop. Can’t get the pictures to upload. I’ll have my computer back by the end of the week so check back and I’ll have all of our fun pictures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment