Friday, December 19, 2008
AGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
I know it’s been a month from my last post. I have two birthdays, Thanksgiving, a family visit and Christmas shopping that needs to be posted and read by all but first I need to get this of my chest.
Travis has a company party to night that his boss has very directly told him he SHOULD REALLY attend. And being in the current economic status that our wonderful country is in we want to keep him happy. We have known about this party for weeks but didn't feel the need to find a babysitter until this week. Being the good Mormon that I am did not call on Monday night to find a babysitter. On Tuesday placing a strategic call after school but before dinner and church meetings, called or norm babysitter to see if she would be willing, no such luck and then the bad news on Friday night the Young men and women are having practice for the ward party on Saturday and no young women are going to be available for Friday. OOHH GRAP!!!
Then my wonderful husband comes up with the Idea that I should call my cousins in West Jordan and see if they would be willing. Because we all know that the Friday before Christmas they would have nothing better to do! RIGHT?
Thru all that I didn’t get a hold of them until 7pm last night and after a very long story the oldest would not be able to do to work. But that still leaves her little sister and There mom who loves kids. And then my 80ish granny would be willing to take the kids after a 3 am shift today at the temple and a Santa party for the whole family tomorrow! SO I guess my question is should I try and get a hold of my cousins at 3:30 to see if they could take my kids at 5, or have my 80ish Granny watch my wild very high energy whirl wind kids with a 26 pound 1 year old that she can't lift! Or just tell my husband no such luck maybe next year? Oh and by the way all my kids have a cough and runny noses! Dose that help? And along with this my husbands co-worker has been texting me asking in a very funny non harassing way to get a babysitter or there not going either. HahahaHAhahah Happy Holidays!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Do you guys have any day care places around where you can just drop them off? We have a few places like that here. You take your kids in, tell them how long you'll be gone and say good-bye.
Worst case, call a nanny/babysitting company- they are a little more pricey.
Any college kids around?
What about other wards? Your friends who are also going to the party, can you get a sitter from her ward? Combine kids?
yikes.. i'm sensing a little bitterness/frustration? I hope you got it all worked out, I'm a bit late with the comment and opinion, though.
If I were in that situation and could not, for the life of me find someone to watch my kids but I knew my husband had to be there, I would stay home and make him go. Probably not the most fun for me, but there must be a reason for the boss to be telling him to be there or be square.
Let us know how it went!
Post a Comment