Friday, May 14, 2010

Fishing and Time with Dad

Last September Travis finally convinced me to get a fishing license so I could go with him and the girls. Taydem truly loves fishing. We have taken them down to the river a few time and they always catch a few little cat fish. Taydem has really gotten into it, to the point she loves ripping the worms in half and baiting her own hook. We found a pond not too far away that stocks weekly. Every weekend that Travis is home the girls always request a fishing trip. They put forth the effort to get up extra early and get to the pond at sunrise. Last weekend I caught my first, a rainbow trout! I didn’t know what to do and Travis was up at the truck with Talen. My first instinct was to not touch it so I just let it hang out in the water while the girls went running and screaming for dad. I'm sure everyone around us loved that. After fishing we go for a walk/bike ride... this is how everyone ended up that last little stretch. The girls dumped their bikes and hoped on for a ride.

No comments: