Monday, September 08, 2008
Mortensen Family Trip Part 4
Monday finally came around and we were off to Lagoon. Mommy D. (Debbie, Travis mom) lovingly volunteered to stay home with Talen, bring us lunch and then pick up the girls. So that morning Travis his Sister Angie and her wonderful boys Justin and Tyler with our two girls Taydem and Taylyn and of course myself all loaded in the care and headed for Lagoon. Just a little history, Last year we had a Mortensen Family trip to Lagoon where Travis Brother Bob and his family along with Angie and her family and us all went to Lagoon. On this trip a year ago Tyler freaked out, had them stop the ride and got off of Wicked. We have teased him endlessly about this. So first thing on the list and to get it out of the way before he had time to think about it to much was Wicked. Travis lovingly volunteered to take the girls on the kid rides why the rest of us went on Wicked. As were standing in line you can tell Tyler getting more nervous. As were all strapped in and ready to go he started to hipper ventilate. I couldn’t help but laugh. For those of you who know Wicked has no build up you go around a corner and just shoot straight up in the air and then come straight back down before going on all the twist and up side town turns. The minute we came back down and started in to the turns Tyler was laughing as loud as he could and screaming that he wanted to go again, I couldn’t scream I couldn’t talk all I could do was laugh, this was the boy who made them stop the ride after he was strapped in and moving because he couldn’t handle it and now before we where more then 20% into the ride wanted to go again!!! After it was all said and done we where all very proud of him for concurring his fear. We spent the rest of the Morning over at the kid rides with Taydem and Taylyn. They had so much fun getting Justin and Tyler to go on all the little kid rides. Just before Mommy D. came to pick up the girls we went on Rattle Snake Rapids. Taydem loves this ride she doesn’t have to be strapped in and has fun telling everyone to hold on. Just to set this up Taylyn hates getting cold and wet. Cold water being the bigger part. So as were coming around the corner to the big water fall I lean offer to cover Taydem with my body as Travis picks up Taylyn, using her as am ineffective human shield to protect himself which in turn gets Taylyn soaked and really didn’t do much to protect Travis. What a loving dad. :)
After that we all headed out to the parking lot to enjoy lunch that mommy D brought.
After lunch we sent the girls home with Grandma and went back into the park to enjoy all the adult rides and let Justin and Tyler have at it.
All in All it was a great weekend. I love having the Mortensens come to visit. I’m so lucky to have married into such a warm, inviting and fun family.
I can’t wait until next year!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love rides! I looooove roller costars and really fast scary things. I'm jealous.....
Jaren is a scardy pants when it comes to rides in the air. I'm a bit of a thrill seeker, I think. I haven't found a friend that wants to go with me. We were going to go to the fair and I didn't really want to when I realized he wouldn't ride on any rides with me. :)
My dream is to go to a massive theme park with no lines.
Post a Comment