Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Help... Please

I’m total stepping out of my blogging norm and asking for a little help. You see I have this horrible, nasty disease known as fashionites or more commonly as fashionable challenged. Ya whoda thought! So here’s my problem. I have this wedding I’m attending at the end of October. She is a really good friend who wouldn’t care what I wore. BUT I DO. I currently own 1 skirt that I ware every Sunday. Sick, I know. And after having 3 kids very close together I’m a little bigger everywhere but especially around the middle. If I try to ware a non-elastic skirt I have to go up about 4 or more sizes. Just to fit the waist but it drowns me everywhere else and usually hits the floor. I’m not very tall. So I guess I’m looking for a nice skirt with an absolute gorgeous top. I also would like a nice pair of hills to go with. Mind you I have NEVER woren hills before in my LIFE. When I say hills I mean baby hill just enough to look sexy. OK back to the skirt. I need locations that would carry you know ELASTIC skirts or something with a little stretch. But most of all I need Ideas. She started this wedding classy but a little down scale, now after shopping with her last weekend and seeing her wedding dress, she has taken it to a whole new level. I need to step up my wardrobe a little just to fit in. Mind you I DON’T want to look like one of the wedding party. I just want to look nice; OK I want to look down n’ out sexy! Her wedding colors are a light chocolate and a cream orange. Her weeding dress is ivory, the made of honors dress is Champaign and the little girls are a classy white with Champaign umpire ribbon. So cute!!! So if anyone has a fabulous place they get there cute skirt and shoes from or just color ideas or you know ANYTHING!! and would like to share. Please, please do. I NEED THE HELP

17 comments:

Whitney R said...

Hmmm... have you thought about a dress? One that falls just under the knee with 2 inch heels? I could probably find something for you if you wouldn't mind that. I think sometimes dresses are more slimming because they don't break up the body. Especially if you find something with an empire waist.

As for a place to find a skirt... I'm not sure, I'll have to think about that. If you want more help I can send some people over here to read your post and give you more advice :) Let me know!

Trudy said...

Whit,
That would be great. I mean all of it. I have never tried a dress. They really have always scared me off. You know that broad shoulders and short legs kinda hard to fit. But I see all of these new moms wearing them to cover there baby bellies and think ‘wow what I have been missing’. YA! Send them over that would be great I need all the help I can get!! If you would like to look that would be great.
Great
Great
Great

I sure use that word a lot! LOL
You probably know the couple. Randy who works with Jaren, he is marring my life long friend and adopted Sister Melinda.
I'm so excited for them both.

Jillene said...

Trudy-
I am SO glad that you FINALLY commented on my blog!! I am now your newest blog bff--which means that I will be reading your blog often--and by often I mean 3-4 times a day! (0;

As for the skirt issue--what price range are you looking at spending? I have bought a lot of really cute skirts and dresses at Target that are down right classy, tasteful and sexy. They also have great shoes!! If you are wanting more expensive I am not the person to ask as I spend all of my money making my kids look great, adorable, in style and awesome!! I just stick to whatever I can find where ever it is cheapest--most of the time!! Sorry!!

Trudy said...

Jillene-
Welcome!! Hope you have fun. Just a little warning, I started this blog for my Family. You now those Grandmas. So stay with me thru all the boring up dates on the kids. :)
Maybe I’ll get the nerve to post about me once in a while. Don’t want to let the family in to far. HAHAHA!

So funny, I read your blog about 3-4 time EVERY DAY to!

As for Price, I haven’t really even thought. This outfit is going to be my Christmas present to myself, and probably for the hubby as well. :) So maybe I’ll spend a little more than I usually do. I haven’t really started looking yet. But I will defiantly go to Target first thing!
Were in the same boat, it’s so much more fun to make your kids look adorable, and easier to!!!
Why are kids so easy to dress?
I don’t think I’ll ever figure that out.

Jillene said...

I talk about my kids all the time on my blog so I won't ever not read yours! My kids and my hubby are basically my life so I am right there with ya!!

Whitney R said...

Oh yeah! I've met Melinda a few times. Very happy for them. Randy is a great guy. I'm going to do a post right now and send some people over. :) Maybe we'll get someone who knows what they are talking about.

Whitney R said...

Here are a few websites to check out.

layersclothing dot com
mikarose dot com


I JUST FOUND THE JACKPOT!
funkyfrum dot com

I'm looking at this one now.

Whitney R said...

Here I am again.. but if your willing to spend some money you could check out
anthropologie dot com

they are spendy, but sometimes they have good sales and everything there is super cute.

Anonymous said...

I just popped in from Whitney's blog not that I have much to offer in styling advice. I was mostly just curious about what others had to offer. .... although I have to agree with Whitney that dresses are a great option. I would probably chose a dark solid colored simple dress that you can add some accessories like a scarf or nice piece of jewelry. Well good luck! I hope you find what you are looking for.

The Yosts said...

What?! You've never worn heels? Check out Shabby Apple. Modesty dresses. I'd be buying some if I weren't preggers now. Good luck!

Oh, I like Ann Taylor Loft skirts too. You could go into a store and see if they can come up with a flattering outfit for you.

Trudy said...

Whitney-
Thank! So much for sending your awesome friends over my way. The webs sites are so good. I feel a lot less stressed out about finding something in time. Thanks again.


Mommy Madness-
Tanks, for stopping in. What’s good advice for one is good for all! right? After so many people telling me to go with dresses, I really think there might be something to this dress thing! LOL

Step-
Well!!! It’s about time you commented. HEHE
Thanks for letting me know that the family actually comes around. I was really starting to wonder! Thanks for the advice!! I’ll defiantly give them a look. I love your style so I think I really love were ever you send me.
As for the hills, you should know me better than that by now. Growing up with all those boys :) and I‘m cursed with the Yost feet. (You know what I’m talking about)
Hope to see you around more often.
Love ya

P.S. do hills come in wide???

Trudy said...

soooooo,
I just looked thru some of you suggestions. And I'm feeling really stupid right about....now!!!

Just to prove my point that I never where HEELS, I even spelled it wrong! (hills) HAHAHAHAHA

Tanks for telling me.

You’re all so nice to look past my mommy brain and understand what I'm trying to say! Even if I spell everything wrong! ;)

Kristina P. said...

Trudy, I popped over from Whitney's blog.

Where do you live? Do you have a Downeast Outfitters near you? they have some great dresses and skirts, that are inexpensive. I can't promist that they are elastic though.

What about wearing a kitten heel, a very small heel?

Trudy said...

Kristina,
Thanks for stopping by. I get a kick out of you over there on Whitney’s.
Let it be known that I read your blog as well. (All the time) I've just never gotten the nerve to comment.
I'm in Eagle Mountain, so I think there’s one just up the road in American Fork. I'll have to stop by and check it out.
Thanks for all your help.
Come back again.

Wendyburd1 said...

I wanted to check out your blog after leaving places for you to look online at Whitneys. I figured you'd be like the same size as teeny tiny Whitney, lol, so I didn't include some of MY personal sites I like and shop at.
www.torrid.com is a fave store of mine, they have sizes 12 - 26. And www.lanebryant.com is a fave place I go to all the time, I love their tops. If I ever need a really great dress, it would be from one of these places...as a fuller figured lady. They have lots of flowy stuff, which I love!

Bobie said...

Hope you don't mind, I popped over from Jillene's blog. How about Dress Barn? They have ity bity sizes, 0-10 and a ity bit bigger 12-20 something?? They have just about anything as far as dresses and dressing up goes. I think a simple dress with maybe a little jacket or sweater, which helps hide the mid section, would be perfect!!

Also, I bought me the perfect heels at Kohl's last year. Not too high, but sorta squared toed, so I could be stylish. Having 7 kids and working full time, I have to dress up but I have so much running around to do, I can't do it in HIGH heels.

Good luck to ya!!

Katie said...

Hey Trudy, check out my blog...I tagged you for a fun game!