Monday, November 03, 2008
Happy Birthday
This is a week late and I haven’t posted in over a month. So look for a lot more in the next few days and I’ll try to be more regular in the coming months.
Our little Taylyn Isabell just turned three. She was born on October 27, 2005.
I love her birth story, just because it was an easy labor and birth, you don’t have to read but I want to share. :) On October 26 I had my docter appointment were I was already a week over do and the doctor didn’t want to wait any more so he set me up to be induced the next morning. I did not want to be started, I had heard so many horror stories and I’m just the kind that feels when my body and the baby are ready it will all happen. At the appointment the doc checked me and I was a full 4, almost half way there. He sent me home and said see you in the morning. 0: Ya right, not if I can help it! I went home and started drinking my tea like nothing else. Don’t get me wrong I’m not a normal tea drinker but this tea helps strengthen the uterus and prepares you for labor if your close enough it can put you into labor.
It worked; by around 9:00 that night I was having regular contractions. Now let me clarify by regular contraction I mean nothing more painful then a heavy menstrual cramp, really I never felt more than mild discomfort with her labor. Travis finally convinced me that it was time to go to the hospital but I wouldn't leave the house in a mess, so why he called and had my wonderful mother in law come over to watch Taydem , I cleaned the house, dishes, bathroom, vacuumed, picked up and packed my hospital bag. After all that Travis finally pushed me into the car and we made it to the hospital around 10:30.
We were settled into the exam room the nurse check me and I was at a 6, really no pain, I was so happy. The doctor wanted to wait to admit me until after midnight so we wouldn’t be charged for and extra day. Go Doc! When we were admitted and settled in our room the nurses had the epidural ready to go, really I new it was going to get worse and I wanted no part of that! By the time the epidural was in I was almost an 8 and still no real pain. Yippy! The doter arrived around 3:10 and after a few easy pushes Taylyn was born at 3:15 on Oct. 27 she weighed in at 9Ib. 15oz 20 inches. Almost a full pound heavier then her older sister.
We are so lucky to have Taylyn in our lives. She is so soft hearted and has a very quiet sense of humor. She looks up to and adores her sister and is very protective of her brother. She loves her daddy and will always be daddy’s little princess. She goes with the flow but when she has something in mind no force on earth can move her. She digs in and gets what she wants. There have been a few scary moments, but it's always turned out ok. We love her and can’t imagine our lives without her.
It's been an amazing three years and can’t wait for the coming years.
Happy Birthday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment